Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Conscious Convergence, A Wave of Unity: July 17-18, 2010



© 2010 by Joyce Mason

Are you ready for the “second Harmonic Convergence?” If you were gathering with large groups of like-minded, cool and cosmic people on August 17-18, 1987, it’s time, once more, to focus our minds on a single intent. Time to jumpstart a new level of inner evolution and its impact on an Earth in metamorphosis.



What is the Conscious Convergence?

Quoting from the Conscious Convergence page on Facebook:


The Conscious Convergence is global event, which paves the way for the ninth and last wave of consciousness in the Mayan calendar system. It's called unity consciousness. It's also the end of dualistic consciousness where we are separated into East and West, male and female, black and white, spirit and matter and so on. In reality, we are all ONE with no need for separation.

This echoes what I wrote in Chiron in Pisces: Integration and Integrity. We have an opportunity during a weekend, worldwide mind-meld to set our intention to heal the consciousness of duality. This is a very big deal. The pain of duality goes all the way back to the Garden of Eden. (More on that in a minute.)

Carl Johan Calleman is a Swedish toxicologist who fell in love with the Mayan people and culture. He has studied the Mayan calendar extensively. In a recent interview, Carl describes how the 1987 Harmonic Convergence prepared people for the onset of the 8th level of Mayan consciousness that occurred in 1999. The 8th wave put us more in touch with our right brains. Holistic thinking became more prominent in that change of awareness.

I’ll be the first to admit I don’t speak Mayan (my best friend does, however, and often translates for me). I have never bought into the idea that the world will end literally in 2012 when the Mayan calendar runs out, but I do agree that the world as we’ve known it is on the brink of destruction. The current Big Change Transits portend it, too, and frankly, I’d like to throw a party to celebrate, even if getting there isn’t half the fun. I’m ready to let go of many things in the world as we have known it that simply don’t work for a peaceful, loving, integrated humankind.

Two to One

Carl Callemen admits outright: There’s no way of knowing for certain what the 9th wave will bring. We do know the general subject matter, and it’s the end of duality. He says dualistic consciousness is “like cancer cells in the body of the earth.”

In the same interview already mentioned, Carl talks about the parallel between the Mayan and Hopi prophecies on the matter of duality. While the Hopi prophecy has no timing, the Mayan calendar places this new way of being in our immediate future. You’ve likely heard what the Hopis had to say.



The one-hearted people will come back.
“We are the ones we have been waiting for.”
~Hopi prophecy
For the past 5,000 years, dualistic thinking has been the general mode of being among the people of Earth. We are two-hearted people.

A synchronicity: I recently heard a local Unity minister tell the story of the Garden of Eden from the perspective of its metaphysical, metaphorical, and allegorical meanings. Rev. Kevin K. Ross reminded us that God asked Adam and Eve not to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil with the emphasis on knowledge. When the snake tempted Eve and the domino effect of the whole rotten apple was set in motion, Adam hid because he felt naked. “Who told you, you are naked?” God asked. Before that, there was only good—Paradise—and no shame. When it came to knowing duality, it was the one thing where God said, “Don’t bite.” From this, Rev. Ross concludes, we were meant to have everything good, and it’s only our inability to “remain innocent” of evil that keeps us from the Garden.

We were meant to have life and to live abundantly. We started one-hearted.

Law of Attraction

Much of the reason for gathering, whether in person or in virtual groups, is to harness the law of attraction (LOA) to create the world we want to live in. For this shift of consciousness to “set,” individuals need to be open to receive. The vision has to come from within you. The idea behind the event is to set the intention to manifest oneness consciousness. In capsule, this mind meld is about co-creation.


Shared Intention

The Conscious Convergence web site opens with the following statement of intention:

Shared Intention Agreement

I, as a sovereign being, join together with All That Is to call forth the presence of balance and unity within me and in our world. I am the conscious presence of harmony and reconciliation and I am grateful for the wholeness I bring forth in this and every moment. And so it is.


How to Participate

You can meditate on this intention on your own on the dates of the Convergence—make it low-key from inside yourself—or join many of the groups gathering in specific actual or virtual locations. Details are on the CC website, but gatherings and ceremonies are planned in such places as Singapore, Scandinavia, South Africa, and among the Maya. Mayan elders will support the consciousness with special ceremonies, giving a unique opportunity for contact in spirit with their elders to all who participate in this worldwide event.

I plan to attend the global telecast, which begins July 17 at 7:00 am PDT. It’s the first of all the CC events listed on the website.


Afterglow

According to Carl, the CC isn’t just about two days in July. The weekend events are like setting up a base camp with repercussions of the linked intentions reverberating of a long time to come. I like to think of events like the Convergences as time-release capsules that continue to bring healing long past their original ingestion. As many readers know, I created my own “Chironic Convergence” in the Pelion region of Greece, Chiron’s mythical homeland, in 1996. The Convergence concept really speaks to me, and I can report from personal experience, that gathering together with healing intent is a merging that never stops giving.


The Astrology of It

The latest event to focus intentions on healing the earth--this time of duality consciousness—got me wondering about the astrology charts of these events. I should say, first off, that there are those who would argue that Western Astrology does not belong in a discussion of an event derived from the Mayan calendar system, which has its own cosmology. Also, there are vast technical issues with both charts. The Harmonic Convergence is the trickiest in terms of determining a time and place of the global event that makes sense for the “event chart.” Johnny Mirahiel, who did a lot of research on the original Convergence while preparing for an event he sponsored called the Harmonic Concordance, learned that the Harmonic Convergence was slated to open at sunrise on August 16, 1987, wherever one was located on Planet Earth. Since my astrology software does not accept Planet Earth as a place, nor does the time slot accept “dawn everywhere,” I have chosen what I hope is a logical locale and time—sunrise in Greenwich, England, which took place at 5:46 am that day according to my research. As the Prime Meridian and 0-longitude, ground zero from where we count our planetary time zones, Greenwich would be a logical center point for viewing a planet-wide event.

For the Conscious Convergence, I’m using the date, time, and place of the first event listed on their website, which is the teleconference at 7:00 am, originating in San Francisco, on July 17, 2010.


Click charts to enlarge





While I don’t want to look at these charts in depth here (they’re provided as a service for those who do), it’s hard to miss the flowing kite formation in the Harmonic Convergence with Chiron in Gemini at the apex. The Grand Trine is in Fire. How different the Conscious Convergence chart looks with the Cardinal T-Square Plus featured as the prominent aspect configuration and Pluto at its focal point. There is only one degree of the zodiac in common between the two charts: North Node at 3-plus Aries in the Harmonic Convergence and Jupiter in the same degree in the Conscious Convergence. The Sabian Symbol for this degree is Aries 4: Two lovers are strolling through a secluded walk. For those who choose to get into these two charts or any other variation of them, I’d love to hear your thoughts in the Comments.



Another Way to Celebrate the Latest Convergence

All this hoopla around the Mayan calendar got me curious, once more, about my Mayan Dreamspell Galactic Signature. In that system, I’m a Yellow Cosmic Human. This tickled me from the get-go, because “cosmic human” reminds me that I’m a starry being (spirit) walking the earth or human path. Yellow as a color denotes joy, playfulness, and humor in many personality systems. I do love to walk in joy, and regular readers know I can’t go too many paragraphs without a laugh.

I need to tell you: My review of my galactic signature knocked my socks off. I hadn’t seen it in years, and meanwhile, I apparently have expanded my consciousness to take in more of it. It’s a summary of my key issues so far this lifetime, and I will be rereading it often. It explains so much! Google Mayan Astrology for more resources and to connect with your personal Mayan mysteries.

Happy Convergence!

~~~

Photo Credit: Global Unity © Alice789 Dreamstime.com

More Resources


Remember! Radical Virgo Summer Values!


• Two Chiron E-Books for $9.99

• $25 off all Personal Consultations

Through Labor Day (6-Sep-10). Details on post Summer Reading Two-Fer Special.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great information Joyce! Love the weaving of the oneness (Mayan, Hopi, Christian Unity, Astrology etc.) It speaks directly to the heart dynamics within us all. I will definitely be catching the next cosmic harmonic convergence wave on July 17. (Red Lunar Earth)

Joyce Mason said...

Thanks, Red Lunar Earth! I had not thought about the various paths to the One I was "knitting" together. May your Conscious Convergence be blessed!

LB said...

Hi Joyce – I was thinking yesterday how my Neptunian nature holds the capacity for great love, compassion and universal connection, while my Plutonian gifts of discernment reveal the world as it is, not as I wish it to be. Once the apple was bitten, Eden was changed forever; the price we paid for such awareness was that we could no longer continue living in a state of mindlessly blissful unawareness, nor can we go backwards in our spiritual evolution. To acknowledge love as being the more powerful force and to devote ourselves to that love – without denying the existence of lesser forces – poses a great challenge for those of us with such awareness.

I support any gathering that aims to foster a more mindful and loving connection to the divine source that unites us all.

Joyce Mason said...

Thanks, LB! You've synthesized the best of Neptune and Pluto--and it will be great to have your consciousness in the Convergence. Well said!

Lana said...

Dear Joyce
How was your Conscious Convergence? Thank you for alerting us to it. We went to a nearby spot associated with Queen Bodicea and had a picnic, reminiscing about the Harmonic Convergence. I don't think I would have known about this event if it were not for your site, and neither would have my companions.
Much Love, as always
Lana

Joyce Mason said...

Hi, Lana!

What a wonderful way to spend the Convergence! I'm afraid it didn't have the advance hype of the Harmonic Convergence. If it weren't for Facebook, I wouldn't have heard of it myself. I'm so glad to know my heads-up helped others "converge." This post has had my highest hits in the past month.

I participated in the 1st group teleconference. It was awesome! The energy of connection was palpable and there were some fabulous guided meditations, especially about forgiveness. Didn't make it back the second day, but I think there are recordings that can be accessed on the site mentioned in this post. I still plan to see if I can't catch the 2nd day's replay. It sounded awesome!